Major League Baseball is moving ahead with plans for advertising on uniforms next season.
Click here to read the story at ESPN.com.
- What is the paradox of commercialism (as described in your textbook, The Business of Sports and Entertainment)?
- How might this story represent an example of that concept?
- Why do you think Major League Baseball was hesitant to sell advertising space on uniforms in the past?
- Why do you think they decided to sell that space now?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor sports teams?
- From a sponsor’s perspective, do you think there is any risk associated with placing an ad on MLB uniforms? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, should MLB sell advertising space on uniforms? Why or why not?