More often than not, my food—be it nachos, tacos, quesadillas, whatever—is just a vessel for hot sauce. I’ll douse just about anything in an entire bottle of the stuff. A sentiment that, apparently, I share with NBA super stud Joel Embiid. The 76ers star center is teaming up with Mountain Dew for the brand’s first-ever hot sauce.
Click here to read the story at thrillist.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is brand extension?
- How might this story represent an example of brand extension?
- Why would Mountain Dew launch a hot sauce?
- What is a marketing stunt?
- What is promotion?
- What type of promotion do you think best describes Mountain Dew’s decision to launch a Baja hot sauce?
- Why is the sauce not available for purchase?
- Do you think this is a marketing stunt?
- What is product endorsement?
- Why do you think Joel Embiid is endorsing a Mountain Dew-branded hot sauce?
- What would Mountain Dew be interested in Embiid as a spokesperson?
- How will social media play a role with this promotion?
- Why do you think Mountain Dew wanted to include a social media component with this campaign?