Moviegoers rejoice: MoviePass is back for yet another showing. The company just announced its new points-based system, which will allow users to earn points for every film they see, along with a tiered approach, letting them choose from several plans.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is MoviePass?
- What is a “business model” as it relates to strategic business and marketing planning?
- How would you describe MoviePass’s previous business model?
- Why do you think that strategy did not work?
- How would you describe the reboot business model?
- Do you think it will be effective? Why or why not?
- What is price?
- Why is it an important component of the marketing mix?
- How does MoviePass’s new strategy illustrate the concept of price?
- Why do you think a higher tier pricing level is offered in New York City and Los Angeles?