Sunday’s Busch Light Clash at the Los Angeles Coliseum drew over 4 million viewers.
NASCAR moved the season-opening exhibition race from Daytona to a purpose-built quarter-mile track inside of the famed stadium to build excitement for the 2022 season.
Click here to read the story at sports.yahoo.com.
- What was NASCAR’s “expiriment” as described in this news story?
- What is the event triangle?
- Describe how the event triangle might apply to this news story?
- What is an exhibition event?
- What is the goal of an exhibition event?
- What is event marketing?
- What are the 5 P’s of event marketing?
- How do you think NASCAR might have applied the 5 P’s to this event?
- Why do you think NASCAR would want to expiriment with an exhibition race?
- Based on information from this story, was the expiriment a success?
- What are ratings?
- Why is it important to NASCAR that its events attract TV viewers?