As part of a four-year marketing and licensing partnership between the NBA and Mondelez International, limited edition Oreo cookies featuring the logos of six dynastic NBA franchises will roll out on store shelves starting March 29. Photo courtesy of Mondelez International.
The NBA and Mondelez International announced a multiyear licensing and marketing partnership that will make the conglomerate behind Oreo, Chips Ahoy!, Nutter Butter, Ritz Crackers, Trident and Sour Patch Kids an official partner of the NBA, WNBA, G-League, NBA 2K, the NBA 2K League and USA Basketball, the companies announced Wednesday.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- What is licensing?
- Are licensing and sponsorship the same thing?
- What is a “conglomerate” and who is Mondelez International?
- Why would Mondelez International want to partner with the NBA?
- What are demographics?
- Do you think NBA, WNBA, NBA 2K and USA Basketball fans all represent the same demographic?
- How might Mondelez’s sponsorship help its brands to connect with more than just basketball fans?
- Based on information from this news story, describe the Oreo “dynasty” promotion.
- How might this promotion help Oreo to sell more cookies?