Netflix’s Ted Sarandos again addressed the question of whether the streamer is interested in live sports — and he once again waved it off as not in the cards, at least anytime soon.
Click here to read the story at variety.com.
- What is the difference between a business plan and a marketing plan?
- How might Netflix’s business model differ from a traditional broadcast company like ABC, ESPN, or TNT?
- How does Netflix view live sports from a business plan perspective?
- According to this story, Netflix does not see a path to profit from live sports. Why might that be?
- Based on what you learned in this story, what is Netflix doing to expand its business?
- With Netflix now offering ad-tiered subscription options, might that change their perspective in the future? Why or why not?
- What is competition?
- Who represents direct competition to Netflix?
- Who might represent indirect competition?
- Why are some of Netflix’s direct competitors interested in live sports?
- In your opinion, should Netflix consider investing in live sports? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.