Despite the fact that arguably the two biggest brands in college football squared off against each other in the College Football Playoff (CFP) National Championship Game, a much smaller audience than usual paid attention.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What are broadcast rights? Why do you think ESPN invested so much in the rights to the college football playoffs?
- What are ratings? Why are they important to sponsors and advertisers?
- What is economic impact? Why is it an important concept when it relates to mega events like the College Football Championship?
- What factors influence economic impact? How do you think the pandemic influenced the impact of this year’s bowl games on the economies of host cities?
- How do you think the pandemic has impacted the business of college football? How did it impact this year’s bowl season?
- Ratings were down for this year’s title game. Do you think college football business professionals (including Bowl Game organizers, sponsors, the NCAA and its conferences and broadcast partners) should be worried? Why or why not?
- What is leadership? Why is leadership important? Why do you think leadership might be particularly important when navigating the pandemic and preparing for the future?