“You don’t need to become an investor,” says the narrator of Robinhood’s new Super Bowl commercial. “You were born one.” It’s an optimistic message coming from a financial services company that’s taken a whole lot of heat lately.
A Super Bowl ad is a big, expensive marketing move for Robinhood as it looks to spruce up its image. The spot will give the company a chance to portray itself in a positive light to millions and millions of NFL viewers on Sunday.
Click here to read the story at cnet.com.
- What is publicity?
- Why do you think Robinhood has received so much negative publicity in the last few weeks?
- What is crisis management?
- Why is crisis management an important function of sports and entertainment communications?
- Why might a crisis management strategy be important to Robinhood right now?
- How is Robinhood utilizing the Super Bowl as part of their crisis management strategy?
- If you were a PR professional working for Robinhood, how would you handle the company’s current position from a publicity perspective? Be prepared to discuss your answers.