As of this posting, Marvel and Disney’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (review) has logged a $71 million Fri-Sun/$83.5 million Fri-Mon holiday debut. That’s obviously the biggest Labor Day weekend launch ever.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is publicity?
- How does publicity impact movie ticket sales?
- What is “buzz” as it relates to the release of a new movie?
- How do movie studios generate buzz for new films?
- How would you describe the buzz surrounding Shang-Chi?
- Did you see the movie? What factors influenced your decision to see (or not see) the film?
- What is fandom?
- What does it mean to have a strong brand? Do you think Marvel is a strong brand? Why or why not?
- What is brand awareness?
- How do you think fandom and brand strength and brand awareness helped fuel the box office success of Shang-Chi?
- According to this news story, what other factors influenced the box office success of Shang-Chi?