Simone Biles has entered into an apparel partnership with women’s sportswear company Athleta, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday on a move expected to be announced later in the day.
Biles had been a Nike athlete since 2015.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is product endorsement?
- Why do you think product endorsement is important to brands like Nike?
- What characteristics do brands look for when deciding which athletes they want to endorse their products and services?
- Why do you think Nike wanted Simone Biles to represent the brand?
- Why do you think Simone Biles chose to leave Nike?
- Why do you think Athleta wanted Ms. Biles to endorse their brand?
- How might Athleta leverage their relationship with Ms. Biles in ways that Nike did not?