Spotify and Shopify already had a few things in common—both are huge names in their respective online niches, both have extremely similar names that have nearly led to embarrassing typos in Promo Marketing articles on more than one occasion. But now, they have another thing in common: They’re working together.
Click here to read the story at magazine.promomarketing.com.
- What is licensing?
- Why might licensing prevent you from printing your favorite musician or band’s image on t-shirts and selling them online?
- What is merchandise?
- Why do you think merchandise sales are important in the music business?
- Why do you think Spotify and Shopify chose to partner for this initiative?
- Based on information from this story, describe the partnership.
- How do both brands benefit from the partnership? How will artists benefit?