Who, exactly, is Disney’s Cruella made for?
Marketing. It is the oft-overlooked yet integral engine of Hollywood success. It is the pre-cursor to hype, the stoker of expectations.
Click here to read the story at observer.com.
- The article begins by stating “Marketing. It is the oft-overlooked yet integral engine of Hollywood success.” What does that mean?
- Why is marketing important to the success of a film?
- Who do you think might represent Disney’s target audience with the marketing campaign for Cruella.
- How might defining that target audience help determine the film’s marketing and promotion strategy?
- The headline of the story describes the “Dual Identities” of Disney’s marketing for the film. What does that mean?
- What is publicity?
- How important are movie trailers to a film’s success?
- Why might the music selection for a film’s trailer be important from a marketing perspective?
- How might the song selections for the Cruella trailers tell us a little about Disney’s marketing strategy?