The FTC has filed a legal challenge to try and block Microsoft’s plan to buy Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion, according to a press release from the regulator.
Click here to read the story at theverge.com.
- What is competition?
- Why do you think Microsoft is interested in buying Activision Blizzard?
- What is a monopoly?
- How do monopolies impact consumers?
- Are monopolies legal?
- Who is the FTC?
- What does the FTC do?
- Why is the FTC suing Microsoft?
- How has Microsoft responded?
- How do you think Microsoft’s attempted acquisition of Activision Blizzard would impact consumers in the long run? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.