An iPhone rested on a tripod in front of Suite 225, pointed toward the ice where one could tap any of the Devils or Sabres skating in the Prudential Center last Thursday night and see just how fast they were moving. Shot speeds, time on ice and heat maps were easily accessible, too, all with barely perceptible latency.
Click here to read the story at sporttechie.com.
- What is fan experience?
- How does fan experience impact attendance?
- Why is attendance important to the NHL and its teams?
- Why is it important for sports and entertainment business professionals to focus on fan experience?
- What factors might impact the fan experience at a NHL game?
- How has technology impacted the business of sports and entertainment?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, what are two examples of how technology has improved the fan experience at NHL games?
- What is the metaverse?
- What is Web 3?
- Why is the NHL exploring Web 3 and the metaverse?
- Which technology feature do you think makes the biggest difference for fans?
- How else might NHL teams be able to improve the fan experience with tech? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.