While the Buffalo Sabres were playing the New Jersey Devils, their digital avatars were mimicking each move in virtual reality.
Strap on the VR goggles. Touch a button, and you’re watching the game through the eyes of a skater heading in for a shot.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- How has technology impacted the business of sports and entertainment?
- What is digital marketing?
- How might this news story represent an example of digital marketing?
- What is VR?
- Why would the NHL and its teams be interested in VR?
- What is “puck-tracking” technology?
- How might NHL fans benefit from this technology?
- What other technology is the NHL implementing?
- Who is the NHL targeting with the new technology?
- Why do you think they might be targeting this audience?
- What is fan experience?
- How might this tech help enhance the fan experience at NHL games?
- Why might that be important to the league and its teams?