Warner Bros Discovery has confirmed its long-expected plan to jettison the “HBO” from HBO Max, announcing that its rebranded streaming service will be called Max.
Click here to read the story at deadline.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct competition and indirect?
- What is market share?
- How might market share represent the concept of competition?
- Who are the major players in the competition for market share in the streaming industry?
- Who might represent direct competition to Warner Bros Discovery?
- What is a brand?
- Is Warner Bros a brand? Discovery? HBO?
- What is rebranding?
- Why would Warner Bros Discovery rebrand “HBO Max” to just “Max”, without any reference to the HBO brand?
- How might the competition in the streaming industry influence this decision?
- What is a situation analysis?
- How might a situation analysis might dictate the decision from Warner Bros Discovery?
- Do you think they are taking a risk by potentially confusing consumers with the rebrand? Why or why not?