The Washington Football team has introduced its new Fan Ambassador Network (FAN) to help guide the team’s rebrand. The team is seeking fan ambassadors to provide perspective for seven different committees centering on topics such as entertainment, merchandise, food and culture.
Click here to read the story at SportTechie.com.
- What is rebranding?
- What are some reasons why a sports team might want to rebrand?
- Why is the Washington Football Team rebranding?
- Why do you think the organization is seeking fan feedback as part of the rebrand?
- Based on information from this story, what type of perspective is the franchise looking for from fan feedback?
- How might the organization use this information as they rebrand the franchise?
- How do you think the franchise might benefit from a rebrand?
- If you were a brand marketing professional, how would you advise the Washington Football franchise as they begin the rebranding process? Introduce a new team name and logo? What would it be? Keep the same team colors? Be prepared to discuss your ideas.