The first puck drops on the National Hockey League’s 2021 season this week, and with it will come a trickle of fans for the first time in almost a year. Three arenas will have limited patrons in attendance, a lifeline for teams that rely on ticket sales far more than in more TV-friendly sports like football and basketball.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is fan experience?
- When do you think the fan experience begins?
- How can venues like arenas, ballparks and stadiums manage the fan experience?
- Why is managing the fan experience important?
- How do you think the pandemic will influence the fan experience moving forward?
- According to information from this news story, how might the fan experience be different when fans are allowed back into venues?
- How do you think technology and digital platforms might impact the fan experience?
- Do you think these changes will just be in the short term? Or do you think the fan experience will be changed forever by the pandemic? Be prepared to discuss your answers.