Music fans responded with disbelief this week to the release on streaming and social media platforms of the viral song “Heart on My Sleeve.”
Click here to read the story at npr.org.
- What does it mean for something to go viral?
- What factors contribute to whether something goes viral?
- Can an organization or individual athlete or celebrity control whether something goes viral?
- What is AI?
- Why did the song “Heart on My Sleeve” go viral?
- What is licensing?
- How do you think licensing works in the music industry?
- How does “Heart on My Sleeve” represent a disruption to the traditional licensing process?
- What are ethics?
- In your opinion, it is ethical to create new songs using AI? Why or why not?
- How do you think the future of the music industry might be changed as a result of the use of AI? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.