his year marks the first time in the 14-year history of SportsPro’s 50 Most Marketable Athletes that qualitative research has been integrated with quantitative metrics to determine the final ranking.
SportsPro and NorthStar’s methodology comprised three main assessment stages. First, the entire sports ecosystem was mapped out and narrowed down to 174 sports categories, out of which we derived a total universe of 993 athletes for further analysis (compared to a list of 700 athletes in 2022).
Click here to read the story at sportspromedia.com.
- What is endorsement?
- What characteristics do you think brands look for in an endorsement partner?
- What do you think makes an athlete “marketable”?
- What criteria does SportsPro and NorthStar consider when determining which athletes are the most marketable?
- According to this story, who are the top five most marketable athletes in the world?
- What makes them the most marketable?
- After reviewing the list, which sports are most represented in the top 50?
- Why might that be?
- Have you seen any ads or promotions that feature athletes on this list? What product or brand was being promoted?
- Why do you think they chose to partner with that athlete?
- What is market research?
- How might this story represent an example of market research?
- How might a business or brand benefit from this analysis of the most marketable athletes?