Major League Baseball teams did everything they could to keep promo giveaways in place for fans last year, but there’s still an enormous stockpile of unused bobbleheads and other promos waiting for their time to shine/bobble.
Right now, a lot of them (actually, about four million of them) are in the Bensussen Deutsch & Associates (BDA) warehouse.
Click here to read the story at magazine.promomarketing.com.
- What is promotion?
- Why do you think sports teams engage in promotional activities?
- How did COVID-19 impact sports teams from a promotions perspective?
- According to this story, what is one example of something teams are doing with the stockpile of unused bobbleheads from last season?
- According to lesson 9.3 in your textbook (SCC’s Business of Sports & Entertainment), what is a frequency escalator?
- How might the bobblehead giveaways relate to the concept of frequency escalator?
- Why do you think bobblehead giveaways are such a popular promotion among sports teams?