Like so many, I’m thrilled that the student-athletes have the opportunity to make money while in school. This should have happened a long time ago. Yet, like so many others, I have concerns about how the players are going to do it. Will they have the time and dedication to building an audience, continue networking, engaging with potential clients and exceeding expectations when hired? Or will they get bad advice, make poor choices and/or do more harm than good by hiring people to represent them?
Click here to read the story at frontporchathletics.com.
- What are sales?
- Why are sales important to sports and entertainment organizations?
- What is the sales process?
- How might this story help to describe the sales process?
- What is customer service?
- Why is customer service important?
- In your opinion, was the example described in this story representative of a good salesperson? Why or why not?
- What is NIL?
- How might this story provide a cautionary tale to young athletes who are just beginning to familiarize themselves with NIL sales opportunities?