During the call, an analyst pointed out the difficulties of either selling or destroying the gear, and asked Chief Executive Bjorn Gulden what Adidas’ options were for getting rid of it all.
Click here to read the story at marketwatch.com.
- What is inventory?
- What is the marketing mix?
- How might each element of the marketing mix apply to this news story?
- Why do you think Adidas has excess inventory of Yeezy shoes?
- What is sustainability?
- Why is sustainability important to a company like Adidas?
- Why do you think the excess inventory might be a sustainability issue?
- Why can’t Adidas sell the shoes?
- Why do you think Adidas won’t give the shoes away?
- What do you think Adidas should do? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.
- What is leadership in the business of sports and entertainment?
- Why might leadership be important in this case?