Following a landmark Supreme Court decision last year that opened the door for college athletes to make money, sponsors have scrambled to nab the highest-profile NCAA players. But Adidas is playing the game differently.
Click here to read the story at wsiltv.com.
- What is product endorsement?
- Why is endorsement important to sneaker and apparel brands like Adidas?
- What is NIL?
- How do college athletes benefit from the new NIL rules?
- Why would a brand want a college athlete to represent its products or services?
- According to this story, what is unique about how Adidas is approaching NIL deals with college athletes?
- What is an advantage to this strategy?
- What might be a disadvantage?
- In your opinion, will this strategy work for adidas? Why or why not?