Gatorade is already a major player working to quench thirst for athletes and exercisers. Now, the well-known brand is aiming to keep you hydrated all day long.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- What is a brand?
- Is Gatorade a brand?
- What is brand loyalty?
- Do you think Gatorade customers are brand loyal? Why or why not?
- What is an example of how Gatorade markets its brand through sports?
- How has marketing through sports helped Gatorade to build its brand?
- What is positioning?
- How has Gatorade positioned its brand?
- What is brand extension?
- How might this story represent an example of brand extension?
- Why would Gatorade introduce a water product?
- How are they positioning the new product?
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Which brands might represent direct competition to Gatorade’s new product?
- How might the positioning strategy and/or brand loyalty provide Gatorade with competitive advantage?
- Do you think the new Gatorade water product will be popular with consumers? Why or why not?