It’s been said that apathy is worse than anger. If that’s true, MLB could be in trouble.
We’re more than a month into the MLB lockout, with negotiations basically non-existent, spring training reporting dates creeping closer, and lots of sports fans greeting it all with a full-throated … meh.
Click here to read the story at sportingnews.com.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to MLB teams?
- What is an expense?
- What do you think is the biggest expense incurred by professional sports teams?
- What is a lockout?
- Why is there currently a lockout in MLB?
- What do you think might need to happen for the lockout to end?
- What is publicity?
- How might the publicity from a lockout impact things like TV ratings, ticket sales and sponsorship?
- Based on information from this story, what should MLB be most concerned about?
- What might MLB be able to do to attract more fans once play resumes? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.