Super Bowl is a big day for restaurants serving wings, pizza and nachos—but it’s only one day.
Click here to read the story at restaurantbusinessonline.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- How might March Madness provide an example of both?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do you think Buffalo Wild Wings invests in a March Madness sponsorship?
- What is an example of rights they might receive as an official sponsor?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, what is one example of how BWW is activating their March Madness sponsorship?
- What is promotion?
- What is a publicity stunt?
- Why do businesses and brands engage in publicity stunts?
- Do you think BWW’s “BnB-Dubs” initiative is an example of a publicity stunt? Why or why not?
- What do you think they hope to accomplish with the promotion?
- What is ambush marketing?
- Why do you think a business or brand might want to “ambush” March Madness?
- Is ambush marketing legal?
- Do you think it is ethical? Why or why not?
- According to your textbook (SCC’s The Business of Sports and Entertainment), what are some different ambush marketing tactics?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, do you think Qdoba and/or TGI Fridays are engaged in ambush marketing? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.