Three new MLS stadiums will open by the time summer 2021 finishes. But Q2 Stadium in Austin wouldn’t fit anywhere other than Austin. At least that’s the plan.
“We wanted a stadium inspired by Austin, with Austin textures, Austin tastes and Austin sounds,” says Andy Loughnane, Austin FC president. “We wanted a stadium unique to Austin that wouldn’t fit in Los Angeles, Cincinnati or Nashville, but is perfect in Austin.”
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is the city of Austin, Texas a brand? What about Austin FC?
- What is sports business leadership?
- Why is leadership important?
- How do you think leadership impacts the future of Austin FC and their new stadium?
- Why do you think it is important to Austin FC’s leadership to create a unique stadium experience that is inspired by the city?
- What is fan experience?
- Why is fan experience important to a sports team like Austin FC?
- Based on information from this story, describe how the club will offer ‘Authentic Austin’ experiences at games when the new stadium opens.
- How might those experiences impact the overall fan experience?