Buttressing the $441.6M global opening of Avatar: The Way of Water this past weekend –the 11th best ever– is a curated promo partner campaign assembled by Disney; a lineup that reflects the eco-friendly and technologically advanced sensibilities of the James Cameron-directed epic.
Click here to read the story at deadline.com.
- From an entertainment marketing perspective, what is a promotional tie-in?
- How do brands benefit from promotional tie-ins?
- How do studios benefit?
- According to this story, what was the media value of promotional tie-ins for the latest Avatar film?
- Why is that number significant?
- Is a tie-in the same thing as product placement? Why or why not?
- What marketing, if any, did you see associated with the release of Avatar: The Way of Water?
- What is the difference between the marketing of entertainment and marketing through entertainment?
- Why do you think that is an important concept to understand?
- Which do you think best describes a brand’s promotional tie-in with a movie?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, what is Mercedes-Benz doing to tie-in with the new Avatar film?
- What do you think they hope to accomplish with the promotion?
- What is advertising?
- What are three different types of advertising?
- According to information from this news story, what is an example of a brand that utilized TV advertising as part of its Avatar campaign?
- According to information from this news story, what is an example of a brand that utilized billboard advertising as part of its Avatar campaign?