The average Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise is now worth US$852 million, a 55 percent increase on last year’s value, according to Sportico’s latest estimations.
Click here to read the story at sportspromedia.com.
- Given that all professional sports teams generate a profit, why would anyone want to purchase a franchise?
- What do you think a major league sports franchise’s biggest expense might be?
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to pro sports teams like those in MLS?
- How do teams generate revenue?
- What factors influence the value of a franchise?
- How much did the average value of a MLS franchise increase in value last year, based on information from this story?
- Why do you think MLS franchise values are on the rise?