The eroding economics of regional sports networks made little difference: Major League Baseball teams are still hot assets.
Click here to read the story at Forbes.com.
- What factors might influence the overall value of a professional sports franchise?
- According to this story, how much did the average value of a MLB franchise increase in the last year?
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to MLB?
- Why is it important to each MLB team?
- How does MLB and its teams generate revenue?
- What is an RSN?
- Why are RSNs important to the economics of Major League Baseball?
- Why are RSNs currently a concern for MLB and its ball clubs?
- What is an expense?
- What are some expenses that MLB teams incur each year?
- What do you think the biggest expense is to a MLB team?
- Do you think all MLB teams are profitable each year?
- Why do you think the average value of MLB teams increased so significantly in the last year?
- Do you think franchise values will continue to rise? Why or why not?