For the global consumer giants that sponsor the Olympics, the Beijing Winter Games will be a high-wire act of marketing.
The events are a showcase in one of the most important markets for the Games’ biggest sponsors, including Intel Corp., Procter & Gamble Co., Coca-Cola Co. and Toyota Motor Corp.
Click here to read the story at bloomberg.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- What is a mega event?
- Why do brands sponsor mega events like the Winter Olympics?
- According to this story, why are sponsors of the Beijing Winter Games in a tough position?
- What risks might sponsors of the Beijing Games be facing?
- What are ethics?
- Why might a decision to support the Beijing Olympics present an ethical dilemma for sponsors?
- If you were a sponsor of the Beijing Olympics, how would you proceed? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.