In 2018, it had a global viewership of 3.5 billion.
Click here to read the story at outbrain.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- Fox launched a massive campaign promoting its coverage of this year’s World Cup. Is that an example of the marketing of sports or marketing through sports?
- Crypto.com is the official crypto platform for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Is that an example of the marketing of sports or marketing through sports?
- What is a NFT?
- Describe the NFT promotion launched by Visa and Crypto.com for the World Cup, based on information from this news story.
- Why do you think they wanted to include a NFT as part of their World Cup marketing campaigns?
- What is social media marketing?
- Why do you think social media is important to the brands activating marketing campaigns around this year’s World Cup?
- What hashtag is Kia using as the official mobility partner of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022?
- What is fan engagement?
- How might the hashtag help to increase fan engagement?
- Why is that important to Kia?
- What is promotion?
- What type of promotion is a limited-edition product?
- Describe the limited-edition promotion from Frito-Lay around the World Cup.
- What do you think the brand hopes to accomplish with this promotion?
- What is sustainability?
- Why is sustainability important in sports and entertainment?
- How has Hyundai focused on sustainability as part of its World Cup campaign?
- Have you seen any other brands using the World Cup as a tool to market their goods and services? Be prepared to discuss examples in class.