“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” the conclusion to Marvel’s trilogy about an extraterrestrial crew of misfits, kicked off with $114 million in its domestic box office debut.
Click here to read the story at variety.com.
- What are ticket sales?
- What is a “domestic box office” debut and why are ticket sales important to that figure?
- What is the international box office?
- Why is the international box office important to Hollywood blockbuster films?
- Why is the summer movie season important to movie studios?
- Why is marketing important to the release of summer theater releases?
- What is a sales forecast?
- According to this story, by how much did ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’ miss sales expectations?
- Why are sales forecasts important?
- How might a sales forecast impact the way a film is marketed?
- In China, ‘Vol. 3’ did better than expected. How much did the film gross on opening weekend there?
- What happened at the box office with ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania”, according to this story?
- Why is it important to Disney that ‘Vol. 3’ avoid the same fate?