Even the tiniest change in demographics or a soft showing in certain regions can send the most sanguine Hollywood studio executives scrambling for answers and solutions. There was no preparing, however, for the COVID-19 crisis, which resulted in unprecedented theater closures.
Click here to read the story at hollywoodreporter.com.
- How did COVID-19 impact the film industry?
- Why is it important to the industry as a whole to get consumers back into theaters?
- According to this story, what is cinematic catnip?
- Based on information from this story, is “cinematic catnip” luring younger film fans back to movie theaters?
- What are demographics?
- Why are younger movie-goers an important demographic to theaters?
- According to information from this story, what demographic is the most ready to start buying movie tickets again?
- Based on information from this story, how might movie theaters shift their marketing strategies to help boost attendance? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.