When I recently sat down with Dallas Stars’ head honcho Brad Alberts, his long-running hockey franchise had just shared some big news.
The previous day, the National Hockey League announced that the Stars would play in the 2021 Kraft Hockeyville game—an annual competition that takes place in a city that hoping to prove its enthusiasm for the sport of ice hockey.
Click here to read the story at texasceo.com.
- What is the 2021 Kraft Hockeyville game?
- Why do you think the NHL plays the Kraft Hockeyville game every year?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why would Kraft be interested in sponsoring the game?
- Why is it important for the NHL to market this event?
- How might the teams participating in the event benefit from playing in the Kraft Hockeyville game?
- What is market segmentation?
- What are the different forms of segmentation?
- How might this story illustrate the concept of segmentation and what type of segmentation might it best represent?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important to a pro sports franchise?
- How would you describe the leadership of Brad Alberts?