Bridgestone Corp. will support the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympic games as a key sponsor as long as the safety of participants is secured, Chief Executive Officer Shuichi Ishibashi said.
The Japanese tiremaker won’t invite guests from overseas, including dealers, for the delayed games, Ishibashi said in an interview. Organizers have already made the decision not to allow international spectators.
Click here to read the story at bloomberg.com.
- How do you think the pandemic has impacted the Tokyo Olympics?
- How has that, in turn, impacted sponsors of the Summer Games?
- Why do you think Bridgestone is only in support of the games if the safety of participants is secured?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Why is activation important?
- Based on information, how will Bridgestone’s sponsorship of the Games look differently this year when compared to how they may have activated the sponsorship in previous Olympics?
- Why do you think Bridgestone is “dialing back” their marketing of the Summer Games? Do you think that is a wise decision? Why or why not?