We knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when.
After a couple of expansive (and expensive) merchandise collaborations with stars like Travis Scott and J. Balvin, McDonald’s finally released its collaboration with K-Pop sensations BTS. This one was a little different, in that BTS basically took over McDonald’s. Workers wore BTS-branded uniforms, and it was much more than just an excuse to sell some merchandise.
Click here to read the story at magazine.promomarketing.com.
- Why do you think McDonald’s collaborates with pop stars?
- What is product endorsement?
- Is this an example of product endorsement? Why or why not?
- What is merchandise?
- How do these collaborations help McDonald’s to sell merchandise?
- According to this story, the partnership with BTS is more than an “excuse to sell some merchandise.” If that’s the case, what do you think McDonald’s hopes to accomplish through the collaboration?
- What is fandom?
- How has BTS fandom fueled the popularity of this particular collaboration?
- How do you think McDonald’s chooses which pop stars to partner with?
- Who might be a good fit for the next McDonald’s pop star collaboration? Who would you choose and why?