The minute the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won Super Bowl 55, Roberto Torres went to work.
The owner of Tampa clothing outfitter Black and Denim was licensed to sell official Bucs and NFL merchandise at his stores in Tampa International Airport, including the same T-shirts Tom Brady and the team wore on the field during the celebration.
Click here to read the story at tampabay.com.
- What is economic impact?
- How do major events like the Super Bowl impact the economies of host cities?
- What is the difference between direct spending and indirect spending as it relates to economic impact?
- According to information from this story, how did local businesses benefit from Tampa hosting the Super Bowl this year?
- How do you think COVID-19 influenced the impact on Tampa area businesses this year?
- What types of businesses typically benefit most when cities host major events?
- What is an economic impact study?
- Who typically conducts economic impact studies?
- Do you think an economic impact study will be conducted surrounding this year’s Super Bowl for the city of Tampa? Why or why not?