Burger King is targeting the gamer cohort through an immersive virtual experience that links back to real-world rewards. By embedding The Menu Court in NBA 2K21, the brand has a chance to engage consumers who are spending massive amounts of time playing on consoles while cooped up at home during the pandemic. The stunt’s combination of interactivity and menu incentives might appeal to an otherwise choosey, ad-averse consumer group.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is product placement?
- Why would Burger King want to place advertisements in a video game?
- What are industry trends?
- Why do you think in-game advertising is becoming more common?
- Why do you think they chose to advertise in the NBA 2K21 game?
- What is a target market?
- Who do you think Burger King is targeting by placing ads in NBA 2K21?
- Based on information from this story, describe the virtual experience that Burger King is providing gamers through these ads.