Following a landmark Supreme Court decision last year that opened the door for college athletes to make money, sponsors have scrambled to nab the highest-profile NCAA players. But Adidas is playing the game differently.
Click here to read the story at vanityfair.com.
- Why do you think this news story is suggesting the Oscars needs saving?
- How might TikTok provide the Oscars with a valuable marketing tool?
- How do movies benefit right now from TikTok?
- Have you ever watched a TikTok video related to an upcoming or new film release? If so, what was it?
- Based on information from this story, do you think organizers of the Oscars have much interest in TikTok? Why or why not?
- What challenges might they have in building an audience on TikTok?
- After what you learned in this news story, do you think TikTok can save the Oscars? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.