The Washington Capitals will host a ‘Garage Sale’ featuring Capitals items and prior giveaways on Saturday, Sept. 23 at MedStar Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, VA. Proceeds benefit Monumental Sports & Entertainment Foundation, the official charity of the Capitals.
Click here to read the story at nhl.com.
- What is revenue?
- How do sports teams generate revenue?
- What is a revenue stream?
- Why might merchandise sales be important to a sports team like the Capitals?
- What is inventory?
- Why is efficient inventory management important to any team that sells merchandise?
- Do you think inventory management is important at your school? Why or why not?
- What is a foundation?
- Who is the official charity of the Washington Capitals?
- Why do you think the team has an official charity partner?
- Why do you think the franchise is hosting a “garage sale”?
- Why are season tickets important to the Capitals?
- What are season ticket benefits?
- Why do teams offer season ticket holder benefits?
- How might this story represent an example of season ticket benefits?
- What does it mean when a team says “proceeds will benefit” a secondary party?
- Why do you think proceeds from the Capitals’ garage sale will benefit the team’s official charity?