ARound, a next-generation fan engagement platform designed to enhance gameday fun with live, real-world augmented reality (AR) experiences – part of the Stagwell Marketing Cloud – has partnered with its first NBA team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, to bring a shared AR experience called “Cavs ARcade” to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, kicking off during the 2023 NBA Playoffs.
Click here to read the story at prnewswire.com.
- What is a watch party?
- Why do you think teams host watch parties?
- What is cause marketing?
- Tickets for Cavs’ playoff game watch parties cost $5 each but proceeds from ticket sales will support local Habit for Humanity efforts. Is that an example of cause marketing? Why or why not?
- What is digital marketing?
- Why do sports teams like the Cavs’ invest in digital marketing initiatives?
- What is AR?
- How might AR represent an example of a digital marketing tool?
- Describe this AR strategy from the Cavs, based on what you learned from this news story.
- What is fan experience?
- Why is fan experience important?
- How will AR impact the fan experience at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse?
- What is fan engagment?
- How will the Cavs Arcade increase levels of fan engagement?
- Why is that important to the team?