As football fans prepare for the kick-off in November, Coca-Cola is celebrating the journey of each fan through the real magic of the FIFA World Cup. With the majority of fans unable to travel to Qatar for the FIFA World Cup 2022, Coca-Cola will deliver the electric atmosphere of the tournament directly to their home through retail activations, including premium items and new variations of packaging which highlight country colors and shared promises.
Click here to read the story at bevindustry.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor sports leagues and events?
- How do you think they determine which sports or entertainment properties to sponsor?
- Do you think it costs the same amount of money to sponsor the FIFA World Cup as a local sports team or league? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Coca-Cola would invest in a FIFA World Cup sponsorship? What rights does a sponsorship provide them with?
- What makes a FIFA World Cup sponsorship so valuable to brands like Coca-Cola?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Why is activation important?
- What is one example of how Coca-Cola is activating their World Cup sponsorship (based on information from this news story)?
- What is a slogan?
- What is the slogan Coca-Cola is using for FIFA World Cup 2022?