Will teams take the field? And which ones? Uncertainty reigns for brands that have bet big on NCAA football.
Empty stadiums. Athletes confined to “bubbles.” Truncated schedules. Sports marketers are adjusting to a new COVID-19 reality since the games have returned, and the cancellation of some conferences’ college football seasons has added another level of uncertainty.
Click here to read the story from prweek.com.
- What is the difference between marketing through sports and the marketing of sports?
- How has the pandemic impacted the sports industry?
- How has the pandemic disrupted the way sports marketers traditionally reach fans (consumers)?
- Why do you think the college football season has been particularly problematic for sports marketers?
- Why might some brands be more interested in marketing to college football fans than NFL fans? How might they try to adjust marketing strategies this year? Be prepared to discuss your answers.