Nissan sure gets high mileage from college sports mascots in its advertising. This capering costumed crew rock the nameplate’s Heisman House campaign every fall.
Click here to read the story at musebycl.io.
- What is fandom?
- This article refers to “avid college sports followers to casual cultural bandwagon hoppers.” What does that mean and how might that describe the varying levels of fandom in sports?
- What is branding?
- Why do you think businesses, brands, and sports teams use mascots in their marketing?
- Why do you think Nissan is using mascots as part of their sports marketing strategy?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do businesses and brands sponsor sports and entertainment properties?
- How do you think they decide which properties to sponsor?
- Why do you think Nissan is interested in sponsoring the NCAA?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Based on what you learned from this story, how is Nissan activating their NCAA sponsorship during March Madness?
- What is promotion?
- What type of promotion might best describe a sweepstakes promotion?
- How has Nissan incorporated a sweepstakes promotion as part of this campaign?
- What is social media marketing?
- How is Nissan using social media as part of this campaign?