Even though the world of college sports is currently deprived of fan-filled stadiums and reliable schedules, there is still an aspect of college athletics that should remain unchanged: content creation. Universities across the board, whether it be Toledo in the MAC or Duke in the ACC, should never take their foot off the gas of their content creation.
Now more than ever, people are stuck inside and glued to their screens, which presents schools with the perfect opportunity to better reach campus communities and sponsors alike.
Click here to read the story at frontporchathletics.com.
- Why is it important to a collegiate athletic program to engage their fan base?
- Who might represent the fan base for a collegiate athletic program? Is it just students?
- What is content marketing?
- How does content marketing help to elevate levels of fan engagement?
- Why do you think it is challenging for sports marketers to engage their fan base during the pandemic?
- Based on the examples of content marketing provided in this story, what is an example that you think would be most effective in raising levels of fan engagement?
- Which example did you like the best from a fan perspective? Why?