Major League Baseball is getting a little closer to Salt Lake City. And there’s a chance it could get a lot closer as soon as 2025.
Click here to read the story at deseret.com.
- What is the difference between expansion and relocation in professional sports?
- Why would a league choose to expand?
- Why would a franchise choose to relocate?
- Why might a league might not want a franchise to relocate?
- Why do you think the Oakland A’s are relocating?
- Why do you think stadiums are important to a franchise?
- What is revenue?
- How might new stadiums help a franchise generate more revenue?
- Why do you think the A’s and MLB chose Las Vegas as a relocation city?
- When will the new stadium be complete in Las Vegas?
- Why might they need a temporary home until then?
- Why might Salt Lake City provide a good short-term solution?
- How do you think A’s fans will respond next year knowing the team is moving?
- How might a significant drop in attendance impact the A’s franchise?
- Why are communications important in sports to help manage publicity?
- What message do you think the A’s franchise should try to communicate to fans knowing they will still be in Oakland for at least one more year?