Winning his first capocannoniere (literally, “head gunner”) as the leading goal scorer in Serie A this season, Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo became the first player to win scoring titles in top-flight soccer leagues in England, Spain and Italy. With one year left on his current contract, the global soccer icon’s long-term future with Juventus is still in question, but Ronaldo continues to score off the field with his unmatched social media following.
Click here to read the story at sportico.com.
- What is product endorsement?
- Why do you think brands pay athletes and celebrities to endorse their products and services?
- Why types of athletes and celebrities do brands look for when deciding who should endorse their products and services?
- How much influence does social media following have on that decision?
- What makes Ronaldo a valuable product or service pitch-person from a social media perspective?
- What does it mean that Ronaldo scores “$75 million in Sponsor Value” on social media? Why might that be important to a brand?