Basketball star LeBron James is the latest celebrity to team up with cryptocurrency exchange Crypto.com on its splashy marketing blitz that already includes actor Matt Damon and naming rights for a Los Angeles sports arena.
Click here to read the story at fortune.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and entertainment and marketing through sports and entertainment?
- Which do you think best describes this news story?
- Who is Crypto.com?
- What other deals have you heard of recently where Crypto.com has aligned with a sports, entertainment, athlete or celebrity brand?
- Why do you think Crypto.com is investing so much in sports and entertainment marketing partnerships?
- What are naming rights?
- Why would Crypto.com invest in a naming rights deal? To which arena did they sign the deal with?
- Why do you think the brand chose Matt Damon as a spokesperson for their TV ads?
- Why do you think they chose to partner with LeBron James?